AV Project Manager – Broomall, PA
The Project Manager is responsible for overall communication and completion of each project, as well as, communication and project scheduling with client. The Project Manager coordinates the installation with client, installation and technical personnel, and any associated subcontractors. The Project Manager is responsible for each project from the awarding stage through final project completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supervision of all personnel and activities on project site.
- Obtain and read all contract documents including, but not limited to: bid drawings and specifications, contract, project workbook, subcontractor scopes of work, and construction schedule.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including, but not limited to: contractual, financial, technical, schedule, construction coordination, materials, personnel, and scope of work.
- Coordinate all in house activities associated with project execution, including but not limited to: submittals, engineering, fabrication and installation, programming, commissioning, testing and troubleshooting.
- Create and manage the project schedule.
- Function as the focal point for internal and external project communication and documentation.
- Coordinate activities with general contractor, construction manager, owner and other trades as required.
- Coordinate with Install Manager to schedule personnel for installation.
- Cooperatively manage and monitor the labor expenditures of engineering, fabrication and installation personnel over the course of the project and communicate any issues that impact profitability.
- Generate and/or respond to construction communication including, but not limited to: requests for information, change order documents, room readiness letters, delay or compression notification of theft or damage to materials, tools or vehicles, safety or injury reports, warranty information, material handoff or inventory, punch lists, field reports, sign-off documents or other documentation as assigned or required.
- Proactively manage the change order process.
- Regularly inspect installation work performed by staff and/or subcontractors. Test, or certify the performance of, installed systems.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- CTS (Certified Technical Specialist) preferred but not required.
- 3- 5 years AV industry experience.
- CAPM, PMP preferred but not required.
- The Ability to supervise and manage tasks and personnel to meet project objectives.
- Will possess a fundamental understanding of AV system functionality and installation process and techniques.
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve technical, personnel or other project related issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft project, Adobe Acrobat, and AutoCAD viewing or markup utilities.
- Ability to generate timely, concise, and effective business correspondence.
- Ability to read and comprehend project technical documents including, but not limited to; engineering and architectural drawings, schedules, test reports, or commissioning documents.
- Ability to create and maintain construction schedules
Ability to interact with employees, customers and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws.